Sunday, June 15, 2014

Playing With Brushes in Photoshop


Just having a little fun working with a few new brushes in Photoshop. When I get time I like to experiment a little. I used 3 custom brushes to make this image - I'm going to experiment more to make various "fur" brushes.


I'll explain a little about the brushes I used for this painting. First, I'm a rank beginner when it comes to making and using brushes and after doing this one I have ideas for better brushes to add variety to the fur.

The top brush is the standard air brush that comes stock with Photoshop but it has the texture settings I've explained at length in my online video tutorials - check out the links on the right side of my blog...

The middle brush is the stock airbrush with my texture settings but I squished it with the "roundness" tool at the bottom of the brush pallet. I used this brush for the grass.

The bottom brush is just a few large dots I made to simulate hair. I've used this brush a lot but would like to make some variation modifications.

All of these brushes have the "transfer" settings turned on to take advantage of the pressure sensitivity of my cintiq monitor.

I'll practice this more and do some sort of tutorial/post/video on these settings and applications in the future sometime.

5 comments:

  1. Amazing! You rock! I love your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, Terry! I love the playfulness of the fox and the textures. You say that you are a beginner, but this looks like an expert piece of artwork. You're too humble haha.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...